Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pink Pleasures for V Day!

Single or otherwise, I always loved Valentine's Day! The cards and flowers and associated color scheme... love it all. At the same time I am willing to acknowledge that there is a considerable amount of nonsense that goes along with the holiday as well. There's the pressure to create some fantastically romantic extravaganza... and romance almost always falls short (we'll touch upon this later I'm sure). And let's not forget the horrors suffered by women in other countries laboring for flower producers so American gals can have their roses. 


Valentine's Day is about love in all its forms (romantic, familial, whathaveyou) and it is about sensual indulgence (chocolate or otherwise). Indulge yourself. Don't expect someone to make this day happen for you and you'll avoid the pitfalls of VDay disappointments. 

Love the hair, love the glasses.


This writer's dream machine


This appeals to someplace deep within me. 
In my uterus, perhaps, where I also long to bake and organize.


There is nothing more retrofabulous than this record player.


And, of course, the dress. 

No comments: